During active reproductive age, the male body produces the "helper" hormone inhibin B. Its role is to stimulate sperm growth. It works in tandem with follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). Over the years, the production of inhibin B decreases, and after menopause it may disappear completely.
To compensate, FSH and LH hormone levels increase. As a result, the background of men changed. In their youth, dihydrotestosterone predominates in their blood - the most active testosterone in terms of desire and reproductive possibilities. Age-related decline in inhibin B synthesis shifts the emphasis toward decreased testosterone production. And it begins to change into a more "active" form more slowly, and thus, its potency is lost.
Increase potency in men after 60 years
It is impossible to predict in advance the effectiveness of measures to stimulate libido in men over 60 years of age. The increase in desire here will depend on the severity of age-related changes in hormone levels, the state of the cardiovascular system and other "characteristics" of biological age - not "passport age".
But in most cases, the prognosis for improving male potency is good. In any case, if we are talking about patients over 60 years old without "aggravating" diagnoses - prostatitis, adenoma, intervention on genital organs, developmental disorders of children (cryptorchidism, hydrocele), atherosclerosis above level 2.
Increasing potency in men after 60 requires first increasing the level of active testosterone (as most doctors say). True, after the cessation of hormonal drugs, the results achieved with their help also disappear. Furthermore, an excess of sex hormones in the blood of postmenopausal men is fraught with heart attacks, strokes or cancer of one of the endocrine glands that produce (prostate, testicles, adrenal glands).
Among steroid agents to increase potency, the most famous is testosterone enanthate. It is produced in a solution for intramuscular injection, used at a dose of 50 mg, once every 14 days. A regimen of 200 mg per month is also possible, but it is more often used for men under the age of 60. Other inexpensive and accessible solutions include:
- antispasmodic. The only condition is to inject directly into the penile tissue half an hour before sexual intercourse. The idea is that it relaxes the blood vessels that supply the penis and promotes an erection;
- adrenergic blockers. Causes relaxation of peripheral vessels. They drink it 2-2. 5 milligrams three times a day, with food;
- drugs for depression - including dapoxetine, often added to generics. It is recommended to be used at a dose of 30 mg once a day, one or three hours before sex. The substance trazodone has the ability to artificially increase the level of free serotonin and prolong stimulation with erection (0. 15 grams per day, but in 2 doses, where the main part is drunk before bedtime, and only 1/3 in the morning).
Do not forget about the "classic genre" in the form of sildenafil or tadalafil. They are able to increase potency regardless of the reason for its decline at any age, but temporarily!!!
Compared to pharmaceutical products, herbal medicines have fewer side effects and are better combined with alcoholic beverages, without which no romantic encounter is complete. In their list:
- Natural medicine in aphrodisiac drops and potent stimulants discovered by healers from different countries. It contains the popular fenugreek, African ginkgo biloba fruit, Peruvian poppy and Chinese ginseng. May be combined with alcohol. The drug is dripped 7-8 drops under the tongue, morning and evening, washed down with any drink of your choice. The general course of increased potency lasts from several weeks to a month;
- Preparation of tablets based on allotrifalin. It contains damiana extract, wheat germ, poria cocos, dwarf lily and sarsaparilla. You need to drink 1 tablet or 2 capsules a day, after a meal, for 30 days. A single dose of a double dose allows you to increase the potency after 15-20 minutes;
- Products in capsules to increase potency with a very diverse composition. Among the non-plant components, it includes deer antler, propolis and cedar resin. The herbal part of the medicine to increase potency is represented by lovage, nettle, orchis, zhgun root (fruit), guarana, tribulus, and red root. Men over 60 are recommended to take 1 capsule in the morning and evening, 5-7 days in a row. Then it is better to rest for a week and repeat.
The difference between the use of nutritional supplements developed by pharmacists and alternative medicine lies in the correct selection of certain components. In this case, science borrows some discoveries from healers. Only healers, unlike doctors, are more likely to rely on the so-called. adaptogens.
Folk remedies derived from plants, animals and minerals improve overall vitality and immune defense (potentially improved as a side effect). Official medicine considers the effects of the drug too unpredictable, but folk medicine fully believes in it.
- Echinacea purpurea. 50 g of the root is mixed with 20 g of Echinops seeds and 60 g of jarutka. Mash everything together with a pestle or grind in a blender, pour 1 tbsp. l. the resulting base is 250 ml of vodka. Cover with a ground cork and leave for several weeks in a dark and warm corner, shaking occasionally. After the infusion, the product is filtered and drunk: 10 drops diluted in water, half an hour before meals, for 25-30 days.
- Parsnip, dandelion and nettle can also increase potency. To prepare a potion from them, 50 g of parsnip roots are washed well and crushed, mixed with 100 g of young nettle and dandelion leaves taken. This "salad" can be seasoned with vegetable oil and vinegar and add moderate salt. You need to eat 250-300 g per day, in any number of doses, for up to 2 weeks. After that it is advisable to rest for a while.
- Spurge. The roots are chopped, 10 g are separated and infused for a week in 0. 5 liters of vodka. Drain the raw material through a colander and use a teaspoon (pre-dissolved in water) in the morning, lunch and evening to increase desire. The general course is 14 days.
Other methods and tips
There are always alternatives to taking natural, synthetic, hormonal and any other means to increase potency. Physiotherapy procedures do not lose their relevance and effectiveness at the age of 20 or 60, and have no contraindications except for acute conditions when emergency care is needed. Older men's bodies respond to physiotherapy more easily than younger men, and their positive changes are more noticeable.
- Physical training. Activity is useful at any age, but in old age, when the processes in the body slow down, the effect is felt better. The most useful gymnastic exercises to normalize erectile function are: squats (if you can't do the usual ones, at least from your knees), Kegel technique, jumping rope, rhythmic rotation of the pelvis.
- massageClassic options (butt, testicles, penis) and exotic (Thailand, tuina, etc. ) are suitable. At an age when congestion in the pelvis develops due to aging joints and muscles, you should visit a massage therapist at least once a week. This will improve overall health, increase the desire to have sex, and also restore the function of the pelvic organs.
- Hirudotherapy. Leech saliva of all types, including medical ones, contains hirudin, an anticoagulant enzyme that is slightly weaker than heparin. Treatment with them makes the blood thinner, helps restore erection and prevents cardiovascular complications during sex. Self-treatment with leeches is difficult and dangerous - this should only be done with the participation of a hirudotherapist.
After 60 years, symptoms of prostatitis are typical for all men. They may be more or less noticeable, but they are always there. This disease is dangerous because of complications in the urinary system. In addition, it reduces libido and worsens hormone levels.
Of course, almost all older men want to know how to solve this problem. There are many tips on how to restore potency after 60 and keep it:
- It is advisable to regularly visit a qualified sexologist. Experts will determine the causes of potential weaknesses or risks and tell you the steps to take to eliminate the problem.
- Have sex regularly. Abstinence has a negative impact on the potential of any man, and the elderly in particular. However, do not abuse random connections, otherwise there is a risk of other problems arising.
- Add more movement to your life, do sports. Any physical activity you like will do.
- Do not overwork, do not allow frequent overwork. Get more rest.
- Limit your alcohol and tobacco use, or better yet, stop altogether.
- Control excess weight.
- Eat properly. Reduce intake of sweet, fatty and salty foods. This leads not only to problems with potency, but also to many other diseases.
- Maintain a sleep schedule. Try to go to bed at the same time and get enough sleep.
Returning potential after 60 years is a very difficult task. In this matter, a man will be helped by proper nutrition and the intake of some healthy foods, such as:
- beans and nuts;
Unfortunately, a man cannot always solve the problem of impotence by limiting himself to changing lifestyle, diet and exercise. In some situations, only the use of special drugs will help, because now they are presented in different types. There are various potent stimulants that are effective. They come in all possible forms:
Medicines increase sensitivity and increase blood flow to the penis, but the effect of most of them, unfortunately, is temporary. Medicines will not eliminate the cause of impotence, but will help improve it in some cases. There are several different types of drugs:
- Hormones. Activate the production of large amounts of male sex hormones.
- Phosphodiesterase inhibitors. Increase blood flow to the penis.
- Alternative. Homeopathic remedies and natural herbs to strengthen erection.
Creams and gels
This type of medicine has the following advantages:
- they not only treat, but can also be used as prophylaxis;
- have a quick effect;
- moisturizes the dermis;
- increase male endurance and, as a result, the duration of sexual intercourse;
- strengthens erection, dilates blood vessels;
- slightly increase the size of the penis;
- increase passion;
- does not affect the condition and function of internal organs.
Here is a list of gels and creams that can be used to increase potency:
- Nitroglycerin ointment. Activates blood flow to the penis.
- Heparin ointment. Increase blood circulation in the pelvic area.
- A fast-acting drug that provides an erection for a long time. Has a vasodilating effect. Available in the form of creams and ointments.
- A gel that stimulates blood flow into the corpus cavernosum of the penis. Increase the size of the organ, causing an erection quickly.
- A spray that increases blood flow to the penis. Contains pheromones.
- Cream with vegetable oil, which is used right before sexual intercourse. Increase the duration.
According to the reviews of most men who suffer from impotence, the most effective medicine is in the form of injections. In this case, it is inserted directly into the penis.
There are many drugs available to improve erections. A man must choose them individually. To do this, it is recommended to visit a qualified doctor who will identify the cause of impotence and suggest the best treatment method. When choosing drugs, it is necessary to take into account the age, body characteristics and lifestyle led by a man. Always study the list of contraindications and take the medicine exactly as indicated in the instructions.
Potential begins to decline at the age of 60. The onset speed and hardness of erections are reduced. However, there is a special complex against impotence for men of any age. They can be practiced as prevention and treatment. In most of them, the coccygeal-pubic muscles work, the strength of which determines the durability of the erection. This happens due to the fact that with its growth, the blood flow in the penile area increases, and it is filled with a larger amount of blood. It should be noted that common exercises included in almost every morning exercise routine and familiar to all men from childhood:
- marching in place with high knees;
- pelvic rotation;
- standing on the "bridge";
There are also some special yoga asanas and Kegel exercises that are very effective: to perform them while urinating, a man needs to tense the PC muscle, which stops the flow. You can do this every time you go to the toilet. This is one of the most famous exercises and widely recommended by doctors for healthy potential.
Potential can be restored at the age of 60. For this, there are folk recipes for various decoctions, tinctures and mixtures:
- Ginger root. It is now widely used and can be found in any grocery store. It can be chopped and brewed with tea. It contains many vitamins and, in addition to potency, has a positive effect on the functioning of the whole body, and also strengthens the immune system.
- Colored from ginseng root. You need to cut 2 cm from the root, fill it with three liters of vodka or liquid alcohol and drink one glass a day. Adherents of traditional medicine claim that once impotence is cured with the help of ginseng, it will not return.
- celery. It can be eaten raw, juiced, and mixed with other juices.
- walnutYou can mix it with dried fruits and eat it several times a day, washing it down with kefir. In addition to the benefits for male potency, this in itself is a very healthy and delicious mixture.
- Honey with nuts. Any type can be used. Take one tablespoon three times a day for a month. A course of treatment will allow a man to significantly increase potency.
In men over 60 years old, increasing potency is an urgent problem. Only people who pay attention to health throughout their lives can maintain sexual tone and strength, but there are very few such people. It must be said that increasing potency in men after 60 requires a lot of effort, but it is more than possible.
With age, any person begins to gradually fade the basic functions of life. Often, in the period after 55-60 years, in addition to the problems that appear with the body and diseases, the sexual life gradually disappears. Women begin menopause with all the accompanying phenomena, desire decreases, and men experience disturbances in erectile function. Many people have a difficult time with disorders that negatively affect sexual activity.
Women generally tolerate the onset of a decline in their sexual function more easily; many choose to stop having sex altogether. In men, due to sociocultural stereotypes, natural weakness in this area can cause great self-doubt, fear and depression. Therefore, upon reaching retirement age, representatives of the stronger human half begin to actively fight to preserve and stimulate potential in various ways. Medicines and folk remedies are used, as well as diet and physical activity.
Diagnosis and treatment of potential age-related problems
If a man's potency at the age of 60 begins to falter, persistent problems with erection and ejaculation appear, and this causes difficulties, you should seek medical help.
Even in cases where the elderly are quite satisfied with the decline in sexual function, it is necessary to undergo periodic examination of the genitourinary system. This is necessary because of the high risk of prostate inflammation or adenoma in men of retirement age.
Until the age of 50, the main factors in the development of erectile dysfunction remain psychological problems and an unhealthy lifestyle, as well as sexually transmitted diseases. In adulthood, cardiovascular disease, inflammation and prostate adenoma take first place. The blood supply to the pelvic organs declines, the vein walls become more fragile, and susceptibility to urethritis increases. Often, impending problems with potential can be predicted by urinary problems.
During the examination, the doctor collects the most complete medical history, finds out the presence of chronic or previously experienced diseases of the genitourinary system and spinal injuries, as well as previous surgical operations. It is important to determine if the patient has a hormonal imbalance, and if so, what exactly is causing it. It is important to ask the patient about his psychological state and existing stress factors. Often, the medical history and existing symptoms are sufficient for referral to the necessary tests.
Diagnostic procedures must include:
- digital rectal examination of the prostate to detect pain, inflammation and pathological enlargement;
- general blood and urine tests, penile smears for infectious diseases, sugar and cholesterol levels;
- ultrasound examination of veins and arteries in the pelvic area, as well as organs of the genitourinary system to detect vascular pathology and possible neoplasms;
- analysis of hormone levels, for example, testosterone, prolactin, specific prostate antigen, etc. ;
- if the patient is depressed and anxious, it is recommended to attend at least one consultation with a psychotherapist, and it is better to undergo several sessions to combat the neuroses that affect the potential.
In older men, diagnostics most often reveal problems with the cardiovascular system and developing prostate disease. The struggle to maintain sexual function should, first of all, focus on eliminating the underlying physical pathology that interferes with the normal functioning of the erectile mechanism. But you should not think that the potency after 60 years due to treatment increases to the level of a man in his youth.
The natural decline of the gonads is irreversible; it is only possible to hold its speed temporarily.
Folk remedies and diet to maintain potency
There are many folk recipes and tips on how to increase potency at the age of 60 and maintain a harmonious and full sex life. They are most often based on herbal preparations and eating certain foods that help stimulate sexual function. But before you go to the pharmacy for tinctures and make decoctions, you should definitely consult your doctor and test for allergic reactions. This will help avoid unpleasant health consequences.
The most common preparations and herbal preparations recommended to stimulate potency:
- alcohol tincture of ginseng or eleutherococcus - produces a general strengthening effect, has a positive effect on the nervous system, adaptation to sleep and rest patterns, improves immunity and body defenses, helps overcome fatigue and drowsiness;
- herbs with anti-inflammatory effects will help in the fight against prostate disease and urethritis, which are the main causes of potency problems in old age;
- People recommend using a decoction of dodder, linseed, St. wort. John's wort, parsnip, dubrovnik, rowan berry, rose hip, etc. as a stimulant and aphrodisiac. But its use must be discussed with a doctor so as not to harm yourself;
- Sometimes quite exotic substances are offered in the form of drugs that affect potency, for example, antlers (deer horns), musk deer flow, or eating the genitals of large animals. There is no clinical evidence of the effectiveness of such folk remedies, and their supposedly miraculous effects are based on primitive beliefs.
To maintain and stimulate potency, it is recommended to adhere to a diet, avoid the abuse of fatty and fried foods, high-carbohydrate foods, and generously dress with mayonnaise. This will help reduce blood sugar and cholesterol to normal levels, and reduce weight if necessary. Diabetics, men with obesity and cardiovascular disease should especially follow the diet. It is recommended to drink special vitamin complexes and food supplements.
An old man needs to eat properly and calculate his diet depending on physical activity. It should be remembered that after 60 years, the general metabolism begins to slow down, the need for used substances, a large amount of protein and carbohydrates decreases. It is recommended to limit or eliminate fatty meat from your diet and replace it with fish, such as trout. It needs to get enough vitamins, antioxidants and unsaturated fatty acids.
Preventive measures to maintain potency
In order for libido and erectile function to be preserved as long as possible, in addition to diet and avoiding harmful substances, it is necessary to adhere to a regimen of physical activity. You need to do sports according to your ability and strength, do not overdo it with exercise, especially if you are not used to it. A minimum training complex can be recommended by your doctor or any professional trainer. The lower part of the body should be loaded first to stimulate blood circulation in the pelvic organs.
In addition to aerobic exercise, walking or jogging, you should do strength training at an individual pace under the guidance of an experienced trainer. You should not rush to lift heavy weights if you have never lifted a barbell before. You can start little by little and gradually. With age, muscle mass is increasingly replaced by fat mass; it is necessary to maintain muscle mass to support a fast metabolism and the production of sufficient amounts of testosterone.
It is worth making your sex life more measured, but still, because a break longer than a few months between sexual acts contributes to a decrease in the activity of the glands. And they are already reduced with age and stop their work. But you can't rush into a romantic adventure and try to set a record; this is full of quick overwork, breakdowns and failures in bed. If a man has a complex about age-related decline in libido, he needs to talk about this privately with his partner.